Machine Operator 2
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a machine operator in the Hazelwood, MO area.
As the machine operator, you are responsible for operation and excellent understanding of all downstream equipment including wrappers, strappers, palletizers, as well as working knowledge of blow mold and injection machinery, performs, perform hoppers, quality testing etc. The operation of blow mold and injection machines involves performing short-cycle, repetitive and some control functions in set pattern to attain high quality production output that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some post-secondary education is preferred (i.e. Technical or Vocational education)
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Valid forklift license based on job duties.
• Abide by all Amcor’s Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
• Maintain standard production objectives through proper machine operation and records production.
• Make necessary machine adjustments to maintain consistent machine operation and product quality in terms of customer specifications (i.e., bottle height, volumetric, top-load, visual defects, section weights, finish dimensions, etc.).
• Perform quality assurance tests using appropriate measuring devices and basic math skills, and enter resultant data into the computer system, and has authority to stop production due to quality issues.
• Has authority to stop machines/production to communicate machine or equipment problems and breakdowns to Shift Supervisor/Shift Lead or Shift Maintenance Mechanic.
• Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Co-Worker Handbook. • Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to co-workers and managers/supervisors.
• Properly use all personal protective equipment.
• Maintain housekeeping of all assigned areas. This includes applying Good Manufacturing Practices to meet plant goals.
• Actively participate in Quality training and Good Manufacturing Practice meetings to assist in continuous improvement of plant operations.
• Must possess basic mechanical skill and knowledge and understand how blow molding and injection and support equipment function.
• Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values and enters this information into an online database accurately. A strong mathematical ability is essential.
• Ability to visually distinguish fine variations in color and other visual defects.
• Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions and independent judgment calls based on the situation at hand.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively use a computer and related software.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Ability to work all shifts and required overtime.
• Ability to quickly grasp operation of downstream equipment and possess trouble-shooting ability.
• Ability to communicate changes in the production schedule to Operators and Stackers, e.g., countdown and color changes.
• Proficient hand/eye coordination to operate equipment.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull 70 lbs. on a continual basis.
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 11 hours per shift on a concrete floor.
• Lift up to 120 lbs.
• Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Push/pull up to 900 lbs. using a hydraulic hand jack (this is the equivalent of a static push/pull of approximately 70 lbs.)
• Must frequently squat/bend/kneel/reach/ etc. in order to carry out the essential functions of the position.
• Must be able to climb stairs/ladders up to 15 feet high.
• Lift/reach overhead with a 7 lb. top frame off stack and place on bulk pallet configuration approximately every 10 to 15 minutes
• Reach across palletizer bed 54” to 60” to straighten/pick up fallen bottles continuously when operating bulk palletizer.
Today, Amcor deploys its global packaging expertise and knowledge of customer packing and supply chains to produce packaging that is more functional, appealing, and cost effective for customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Amcor continues to focus on value - creating acquisitions that expand our presence in emerging markets, improve the industry structure (primarily in developed markets), and add new technologies so that we can capture further value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.