Maintenance Mechanic 2
Sorry, this job has expired.
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a maintenance mechanic in the Hazelwood, MO, area.
As the maintenance mechanic II, you must have mastered the specific responsibilities, essential functions and all of the training required of a maintenance mechanic I. You will perform general maintenance and preventive/predictive maintenance on a variety of blow mold, injection, auxiliary and plant support equipment. You are required to have proven knowledge and skill of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic theory and procedure to troubleshoot, perform preventative maintenance and complete necessary repairs. The overall goal is to assist in minimizing downtime due to breakdown repairs and PM’s and to optimize the quality of products manufactured to the highest degree equipment is capable of producing.
• High school diploma or graduate of vocational-tech program preferred.
• Experience with the design and/or assembly of electrical panels and/or circuits.
• Completed all requirements of maintenance mechanic I.
• Must have a reasonable degree of skill with refrigeration, drying systems, conveying, fluid pumps, blowing and vacuum pumps, pneumatic circuits and welding/fabrication.
• Apply knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic theory and procedure in the maintenance and repair of blow mold, injection, auxiliary and support equipment.
• Apply knowledge of machines and processes for blow mold, injection, drying systems, mechanical systems and construction to analyse, set-up and maintain equipment for safe and continuous operation.
• Read electrical schematics and identify symbols and control circuits with a reasonable degree of competency including ability to understand and troubleshoot PLC program logic.
• Competently and with a reasonable degree of accuracy, troubleshoot electrical and hydraulic circuits.
• Work on the installation of PLC’s, change motors, install relays and starters, and install control circuits.
• Rewire and ensure proper locations of power and thermocouple wires to base mounted connections with reasonable speed and accuracy without causing any damage to any components of the manifold assembly.
• Read hydraulic schematics and identify symbols and control circuits with a reasonable degree of competency.
• Work on equipment to repair, change or upgrade the status of equipment.
• Perform maintenance on all types of equipment represented in the plant with a reasonable degree of skill and competency.
• Refurbish all manifolds in the plant with a reasonable degree of competency, speed and accuracy without causing damage to components of the manifold assembly.
• Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Amcor “No Injuries Safety Contract” and as trained.
• Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to co-workers and supervisors.
• Properly use all required personal protective equipment.
• Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values related to job functions.
• Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions/judgment calls based on the situation at hand.
• Proficient hand/eye coordination to operate equipment and assemble packaging for shipment.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively use a computer and related software related to record keeping and machine troubleshooting/maintenance.
• Lift/push/pull up to 1,000 lbs. for 50 ft. using a hydraulic hand jack (this is the equivalent of a static push/pull of approximately 70 lbs.)
• Maximum frequent lifting weight of 35 lbs. from ground to 6 ft. overhead.
• Occasional frequency of lifting up to 45 lbs. from ground to 6 ft. overhead.
• Maximum frequent carrying weight of 60 lbs. for 10 ft.
• Ability to stand / walk for up to 11 hours per shift on a concrete floor.
• Ability to work 12-hour shifts day or nights, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to bend; turn / twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
Must be able to work in an environment with:
• Continuous noise of 85 dB.
• Frequent exposure to chemicals.
• Occasional exposure to dust/fumes/gas.
• Confined spaces.