Sorry, this job has expired.
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a materials coordinator in the Hazelwood, MO, area.
As the materials coordinator, you will:
• Continuously improve the facility’s production planning, inventory control, customer service, and logistics.
• Provide support to the Production, Maintenance, and Warehouse Departments.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent: combined experience is needed OR
• Associate’s degree or 5 years of equivalent experience.
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Experience in SAP is essential.
• Abide by all Amcor’s Safety & Quality policies and procedures.
• Perform production planning on a daily basis and monthly scheduling to maximize equipment efficiencies and meet customer requirements.
• Purchase raw materials needed by the production department to manufacture quality containers efficiently.
• Communicate directly with customers to satisfy product and delivery needs information or planning requirements, and materials specifications.
• Supervise and assist with inventory control through cycle counting, production scheduling, and warehousing.
• Assist and perform regular maintenance on the manufacturing database to provide optimum use and accurate reporting
• Provide backup transportation coordination for internally-controlled freight.
• Create and communicate scheduling and requirements between other Amcor facilities.
• Coordinate with other departments to allow proper scheduling of preventative maintenance and quality demands as required.
• Maintain finished goods inventory levels to meet expected customer requirements while working within warehouse and financial targets.
• Coordinate and transact intercompany material activity
• Maintain accurate and current production schedules.
• Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
• Above-average computer skills are required.
• Must have the ability to foster teamwork and continuous improvement within an empowered environment.
Today, Amcor deploys its global packaging expertise and knowledge of customer packing and supply chains to produce packaging that is more functional, appealing, and cost effective for customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Amcor continues to focus on value - creating acquisitions that expand our presence in emerging markets, improve the industry structure (primarily in developed markets), and add new technologies so that we can capture further value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.