Material Handler / Forklift Driver
Sorry, this job has expired.
Maryland Heights, MO
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a Material Handler/Forklift Operator.
Pay starts at $13.52/hr.
In this position you will:
• Oversee efficient warehouse procedures including FIFO, material and paperwork flow.
• Meet shipping and receiving timelines by ensuring all materials are retrieved, loaded and stored in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
• Provide support to Production Department.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have forklift driving experience.
• 2 years experience working in a manufacturing plant, warehouse or similar work environment.
• Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be motivated and possess a high attention to detail.
• Must have the necessary skills to perform reading, writing, mathematics and verbal skills in English as required.
• Must be willing to work any shift; 8 or 12 hour shifts, weekends and overtime.
• Must have the ability to work in and contribute to Production Improvement, Associate Involvement and Temporary Teams.
• Observe all safety rules/regulations and performs duties in a safe and efficient manner.
• Operate forklift or other material handling equipment safely and efficiently.
• Receive shipping/receiving information from the Lead Shipper regarding the day's activities including incoming and outgoing deliveries.
• Load and unload trucks according to schedules.
• Collect paperwork from driver and verify accuracy of materials being picked up.
• Review shipping paperwork to ensure accuracy of products being delivered.
• Complete appropriate paperwork including NCRs and Bills of Lading.
• Record all shipments and deliveries on shipping log.
• Maintain the warehouse in a well-organized fashion for efficient storage and loading purposes.
• Participate in monthly physical inventory to ensure accurate inventory counts by product type.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Assist in building productive employee relationships to develop teamwork.
• Communicate any safety, production, quality or other issue to the Customer Service Manager, Shift Supervisor and Lead Shipper.
• Assist production, quality, and truck drivers in resolving shipping related issues.
• Facilitate daily shipping communications between shifts.
• Acknowledge and follow customer specific work instructions regarding the movement of materials where applicable.
• Perform all safety checks on assigned forklifts/trucks prior to operation.
• Keep assigned work area, clean, neat, organized and free from safety hazards.
• Ensure electric lifts are charged or LP tanks are full and/or properly stored and secured (locked).
• Ability to carry 25 pounds.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds to waist height.
• Ability to bend & stoop frequently.
• Ability to possess and maintain a Forklift Operator's License.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.