Material Handler / Forklift Operator
Sorry, this job has expired.
Starting at $13.52 per hour.
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a Material Handler/Forklift Operator.
In this position you will:
• Oversee efficient warehouse procedures including FIFO, material and paperwork flow.
• Meet shipping and receiving timelines by ensuring all materials are retrieved, loaded and stored in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
• Provide support to Production Department.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have forklift driving experience.
• 2 years experience working in a manufacturing plant, warehouse or similar work environment.
• Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be motivated and possess a high attention to detail.
• Must have the necessary skills to perform reading, writing, mathematics and verbal skills in English as required.
• Must be willing to work any shift; 8 or 12 hour shifts, weekends and overtime.
• Must have the ability to work in and contribute to Production Improvement, Associate Involvement and Temporary Teams.
• Observe all safety rules/regulations and performs duties in a safe and efficient manner.
• Operate forklift or other material handling equipment safely and efficiently.
• Receive shipping/receiving information from the Lead Shipper regarding the day's activities including incoming and outgoing deliveries.
• Load and unload trucks according to schedules.
• Collect paperwork from driver and verify accuracy of materials being picked up.
• Review shipping paperwork to ensure accuracy of products being delivered.
• Complete appropriate paperwork including NCRs and Bills of Lading.
• Record all shipments and deliveries on shipping log.
• Maintain the warehouse in a well-organized fashion for efficient storage and loading purposes.
• Participate in monthly physical inventory to ensure accurate inventory counts by product type.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Assist in building productive employee relationships to develop teamwork.
• Communicate any safety, production, quality or other issue to the Customer Service Manager, Shift Supervisor and Lead Shipper.
• Assist production, quality, and truck drivers in resolving shipping related issues.
• Facilitate daily shipping communications between shifts.
• Acknowledge and follow customer specific work instructions regarding the movement of materials where applicable.
• Perform all safety checks on assigned forklifts/trucks prior to operation.
• Keep assigned work area, clean, neat, organized and free from safety hazards.
• Ensure electric lifts are charged or LP tanks are full and/or properly stored and secured (locked).
• Ability to carry 25 pounds.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds to waist height.
• Ability to bend & stoop frequently.
• Ability to possess and maintain a Forklift Operator's License.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.