Sorry, this job has expired.
New Albany, OH
$17.22 – $17.57
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
We are now hiring an Operator Trainee.
The starting pay for this position is $17.22 per hour with a .35 cent shift differential for nights.
Your primary function as the Operator Trainee is to keep the Injection Stretch Blow Molding and/or Injection Molding lines running well and producing good bottles. You will report to the Production Supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Experience operating, processing and making some mechanical adjustments to Injection Stretch Blow Molding (ISBM) and/or Injection Molding (IM) machines.
• Perform preventative maintenance on ISBM/IM molds and machines. This includes cleaning the machine and the basement of the machine.
• Start up and shut down molding equipment in a safe manner. Make mechanical and system adjustments to machines to correct quality issues in the bottles and process out defects.
• Perform root cause analysis to determine true cause of machine issues.
• Must be willing and able to document all adjustments and changes to machinery.
• Perform quality checks on bottles per policy, documenting any and all issues in the quality system.
• Perform or assist with mold changes as needed.
• Participate in monthly online safety trainings and observation reporting.
• Respect Amcor Rigid Plastics’ primary focus, which is to ensure the safety of all co-workers, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors granted access to the plant. Adhere to all safety guidelines.
• Follow Amcor’s policies and procedures to ensure quality standards, product safety and good manufacturing practices are maintained as per company standards.
• Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions/judgment calls based on the situation at hand.
• Able to effectively present information and to respond to questions from management.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are required including the ability to present information and respond in a group environment.
• Proficient hand-eye coordination to operate equipment.
• Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 2000 pounds 50 feet using a hydraulic hand jack (this is the equivalent of a static push/pull of approximately 70 pounds).
• Must be able to stand and/or walk up to 11 hours on a concrete floor.
• Must be able to bend, turn/twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
• Each facility requires personal protective equipment and may require protective clothing. See site specific rules.
• Continuous noise of 85dB.
• Frequent exposure to vibration, dust, heat, humidity.
• 12-hour shifts, 6:45pm – 7:15am, 3 nights one week, 4 nights the next week, every other weekend; overtime as required for training and to cover vacations and/or shortages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.