Sorry, this job has expired.
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring Production Managers.
As a Production Manager you are responsible for:
• Supervising all plant production activities.
• Ensuring compliance with all company/plant policies.
• Meeting production schedules and standards.
• Producing in accordance with applicable customer requirements.
• Maintaining optimum production at the least possible cost.
• Defining problem areas.
• Conducting investigations and implementing solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field preferred.
• 5 years of experience in manufacturing.
• Experience with SAP is a plus.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Customer-focused and results-driven.
• Ability to learn on the fly.
• Ability to motivate others.
• Review and maintain production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan facility operations.
• Direct and coordinate production processes and operational functions to achieve goals and optimal production performance.
• Supervise all production operations such as machining, processing and assembly.
• Oversee the functions of all production activities to ensure compliance to all performance and safety standards and holds authority to prevent production of defective product.
• Maintain production efficiencies and scrap minimization.
• Responsible for the Scrap Reduction Reports and Team efforts to reduce scrap and increase efficiencies.
• Champion plant projects designed to promote continuous improvement efforts and optimize production efficiencies respective to all goals as directed by the Operations and/or Plant Manager.
• Develop Production Employee staffing to support the Production Line Schedule.
• Complete thorough performance reviews with supervisors and production employees.
• Responsible for accuracy of employee time cards.
• Demonstrate managerial courage.
• Build effective teams.
• Develop direct reports.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, stoop, push/pull, and bend.
• Lean manufacturing skills such as 5S, A3, Lean Six Sigma, 5 Why are a plus.
Today, Amcor deploys its global packaging expertise and knowledge of customer packing and supply chains to produce packaging that is more functional, appealing, and cost effective for customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Amcor continues to focus on value - creating acquisitions that expand our presence in emerging markets, improve the industry structure (primarily in developed markets), and add new technologies so that we can capture further value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.