Night Shift Production Supervisor
Sorry, this job has expired.
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a Night Shift Production Supervisor.
As the Production Supervisor you will be responsible for the operation of assigned production department in a safe, profitable and efficient manner through proper utilization of assigned manpower, materials, equipment, and space. You will also coordinate all activities within your scope of control and set priorities necessary to accomplish predetermined goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business or Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in manufacturing environment, preferably in the plastic industry.
• Problem solving and continuous improvement experience required.
• Experience supervising more than 10 employees required.
• Shop floor reporting system experience required, MS Office Applications SAP preferably.
• Supervise hourly and temporary employees in performing various production operations. Administer all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to direct reports.
• Responsible for on-the-job training of employees. Instruct new or reassigned employees in the safe and efficient operation of equipment. Promote and enforce safety rules and policies. Adhere to company safety standards as they relate to daily operations.
• Effectively manage employee work schedules and provide optimal use of manpower, machinery, and materials to eliminate unfavorable labor variances. Responsible for scheduling and controlling overtime and working in conjunction with the plant production needs.
• Evaluate employees based on performance set forth in the evaluation guidelines. Recommend candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer, or release.
• Observe production operation within area of control to ascertain compliance with safety, quality, production standards, work rules, and efficient operation of equipment. Utilize problem solving skills and techniques and take corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
• Report potential production downtime, scrap production, and quality of each machine under the supervisor’s responsibility and summarize data from shift.
• Responsible for following Good Manufacturing Practices and any other applicable Prerequisite Programs associated with the Food Safety System.
• Weekly payroll reporting, attendance, and vacation tracking.
• Drive an injury free culture and awareness of the importance of continuous improvement.
• Effectively handle employee concerns, suggestions, questions, and conflicts in accordance with the guidelines established in the Employee Handbook, and in accordance with Company policy/procedure. Maintain employee morale and discipline through fairness and impartiality.
• Coordinate the implementation of any approved process or procedure changes. Responsible for communicating these changes to production personnel and follows-up to insure understanding and proper implementation.
• Ability to communicate (verbal & written) effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Must be able to manage material resources.
• Must understand production and processing.
• Must have good judgment and decision-making.
• Strong critical thinking skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Today, Amcor deploys its global packaging expertise and knowledge of customer packing and supply chains to produce packaging that is more functional, appealing, and cost effective for customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Amcor continues to focus on value - creating acquisitions that expand our presence in emerging markets, improve the industry structure (primarily in developed markets), and add new technologies so that we can capture further value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.