Quality Assurance Lead
Sorry, this job has expired.
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a quality assurance (QA) lead in the Hazelwood, MO, area.
As the QA lead, you will:
• Assist in the direction of the quality assurance program for the plant.
• Perform duties relating to inspection, laboratory testing, statistical process control and salvage operations.
• Implement, maintain and modify as directed the company/plant quality management system to improve business operating systems and meet the requirements of customer and best practice audits.
• Lead/assist with the corrective action of quality related problems at the plant and/or customer location and start-up of new products/processes.
• Assist in troubleshooting technical problems.
• Develop and maintain audit documentation and maintain effective quality systems.
• High school diploma
• Previous quality assurance or manufacturing work experience in the plastics industry is preferred.
• Completion of Quality Technician II training.
• Professional accreditation by ASQ in CQT is preferred.
• Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Amcor “No Injuries Safety Contract” and the local OSHE and Quality policy and guidelines.
• Prepare, review, and evaluate data and information. Develop recommendations for use by plant management.
• Utilize quality techniques to reduce process variations or refine process parameters based upon results.
• Follow all job specific SOPs, work instructions, and NON SOPs.
• Follow all GMP and GDP practices.
• Perform timely inspection of all incoming materials, purchased or sample materials, in-process materials, reworked materials and finished goods through the use of visual inspection, sampling, SPC and laboratory instrumentation
• Assist in problem solving through use of statistical analysis and utilization of quality tools. • Lead and promote problem solving teams to perform root cause analysis and failure investigations.
• Assist in tracking and trending of corrective and preventative actions to ensure items are closed out on a timely basis.
• Alert management of potential quality problems to assure that defective product or raw materials are not used or shipped to the customer.
• Record all the quality CBTs completed.
• Interface regularly with managers, supervisors, and engineers.
• Assist in development of standard operating procedures, work instructions and form control documents.
• Apply and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices & HACCP requirements.
• Manage the GMP internal audit process for the site.
• Coordinate and monitor the completion of the site glass and chemical audits, as well as the completion of the monthly microbial program tests.
• Monitor the scrap and rejected bottles on the CI Vision and Pressco to determine additional actions needed for the manufacturing process in order to avoid sending defective bottles.
• Monitor the changeover on the lines.
• Program the Avid and RealSPC as needed.
• Perform and assist during the validation process of any mold, equipment or process.
• Audit and maintain accurate records for product capability and traceability.
• Perform troubleshooting, calibration & maintenance of lab/inspection equipment such as Avid, CI Vision, and others.
• Demonstrate organizational ability to complete daily assignments.
• Assist with customer complaint investigations and vendor incident notifications.
• Maintain food safety and compliance documentation. Responsible for the upkeep of records and documents that correspond to regulatory, customer, and third party audit requirements.
• Perform containments; evaluate quality, visit customers and vendors as needed.
• Use measuring gauges and test equipment to ensure product is within specification.
• English literacy with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values.
• Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions/judgement calls based on the situation at hand.
• Strong analytical skills to interpret and resolve issues. Fundamental knowledge of SPC.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Must have ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software databases (e.g. Microsoft Office).
• Ability to distinguish minute details on drawings, containers, and preforms unassisted.
• Frequently carry greater up to 30 lbs. Occasionally lift 50 lbs. overhead with assistance.
• Must be able to stand/walk on concrete floors.
• Must be able to bend; turn/twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
• Must be able to work with occasional exposure to noise of 85 dB, chemicals, vibration, dust/fumes/gas, confined spaces, and humidity.
• Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and nights.
• Must work be able to work 8-12 hour shifts.
Today, Amcor deploys its global packaging expertise and knowledge of customer packing and supply chains to produce packaging that is more functional, appealing, and cost effective for customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Amcor continues to focus on value - creating acquisitions that expand our presence in emerging markets, improve the industry structure (primarily in developed markets), and add new technologies so that we can capture further value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.