Quality Control Inspector
Sorry, this job has expired.
Maryland Heights, MO
At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring a Quality Control Inspector.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous quality assurance or manufacturing work experience in the plastics industry is preferred.
• Must have an overall understanding of the various processes, including product descriptions, critical measurements, weights, and customers.
• Must have the ability to perform measurements & testing on lab equipment provided.
• Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and nights.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Technician preferred.
• Provide overall front-line support to the production of quality product with a basic understanding of visual inspection using various lab equipment and methods.
• Provide control and maintenance of fundamental quality systems information with the ability to understand and follow basic testing practices & guidelines.
• Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Amcor “No Injuries Safety Contract” and as trained.
• Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to co-workers and Supervisors.
• Promote and follow all corporate and local OSHE and Quality policy and guidelines.
• Follow all corporate and local policy, procedures, and guidelines.
• Follow all job specific SOP’s, Work Instructions, and NON SOP’s.
• Follow all cGMP and GDP practices.
• Collect and evaluate Injection and Blow mold product by using various inspection techniques and equipment.
• Review the shop floor paper for all customer requirements on the manufacturing process.
• Review Quality Inspection Plan (QIP) and product drawings to ensure revisions are current; report discrepancies as needed.
• Determine from factory drawing and QIPs what samples are to be taken and inspected from each line.
• Perform dimensional examination on all samples as per QIP requirements
• Perform the Hold Ware Procedure for out of specification ware produced until corrective action is verified by re-check. Place product on Hold/HFI as needed.
• Alert Management of potential quality problems to assure that defective product or raw materials are not used or shipped to the customer.
• Demonstrate organizational ability to complete daily assignments as required to meet internal and external customer requirements in a concise detailed manner.
• Enter required data on-line with minimal errors, follow Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
• Audit and maintain accurate records for product capability and traceability.
• Perform Start of Run Inspection Procedure as required.
• Perform sample examination to determine acceptable visual quality according to quality standards and customer requirements.
• Perform appropriate leak detector, CI Vision, and flame treatment tests.
• Perform carton label inspection and verify correct packing and packaging procedures as per shop floor paper instructions.
• Understand SPC & is able to interpret quality data and statistics.
• Apply and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices & HACCP requirements to meet plant goals.
• Demonstrate organizational ability to complete daily clean-up assignments, and adequately maintain good housekeeping throughout the entire area of responsibility.
• Directly responsible for the proper support to the Machine Operators and all other team members to ensure a positive team environment.
• Fulfill QA obligation for the Full Shot Attribute Inspection Procedure every other hour.
• Notify Production Supervisor of any rejected attributes found and of other quality related issues.
• Perform all corrective/preventive actions as well as effectiveness check as needed.
• Understand and communicate customer complaints to other employees to create awareness of the different defects.
• Analyze dimensional attribute data to identify any trends or non-conformances.
• Complete the QA Inspection Report Sheet at the end of the shift.
• Perform inspection of each pallet as per the ANZI plan defined on the shop floor paper.
• Train other employees in areas of expertise when required.
• English literacy with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic math, computer, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to frequently carry greater than 10 pounds up to 30 pounds; occasionally lift 50 pounds overhead with assistance.
• Ability to stand/walk on concrete floors.
• Ability to bend; turn/twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and
up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
• Ability to withstand occasional exposures to noise of 85dB.
• Ability to withstand occasional exposure to chemicals.
• Ability to withstand occasional exposure to vibration, dust/fumes/gas, confined spaces, and humidity.
• Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values. This includes entering information into an on-line database accurately.
• Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions/judgement calls based on the situation at hand.
• Training requirements you must complete:
a. ARPNA Safety Contract
b. New Hire Training (see new hire orientation)
c. Scheduled Training (see plant training schedule)
d. SAP and supporting system training
e. Annual GMP, HACCP, Glass Avoidance, Food Defense, and Communicable Disease
f. Lock Out / Tag Out
g. Hazard Communication
h. Personal Protective Equipment
i. Power Industrial Truck (Forklift) Safety
j. Product Safety / Raw Material Requirements
k. SPC and SPC software
l. Testing Equipment per Control Plan
m. Gauge R & R and Calibration Requirements
n. Microbiological Sampling Protocol
o. Food Safety and Quality Audit Expectations
p. Container Testing, Defect Awareness, Visual Inspection Procedures
q. All other training as required by ARPNA
Today, Amcor deploys its global packaging expertise and knowledge of customer packing and supply chains to produce packaging that is more functional, appealing, and cost effective for customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Amcor continues to focus on value - creating acquisitions that expand our presence in emerging markets, improve the industry structure (primarily in developed markets), and add new technologies so that we can capture further value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.