At Amcor, our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in the global packaging industry. Today, we employ more than 35,000 people worldwide, and operate in 40-plus countries at 200 sites.
Currently we are hiring Utility Packers.
As a Utility Packer you will visually inspect the manufactured product to ensure quality requirements are met before packing it in an approved shipping container.
• Prior experience with assembly, hand work, or packing.
• Possess a high level of attention-to-detail and maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
• Be willing to work various shifts, hours, and overtime as required.
• Maintain an exceptional level of attendance and punctuality.
• Observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
• Receive daily work assignment from the Quality Control Inspector.
• Visually inspect plastic products for defects using an approved sample as a model.
• Place acceptable bottles in an appropriate shipping container.
• Place non-conforming bottles in a “hold” bin for further disposition.
• Report all recurring non-conforming issues to the Quality Control Inspector and Mechanic.
• Place full shipping containers on skids for removal from production area.
• Make and deliver boxes for assigned production areas. Install box liners for required product lines.
• Move product using pallet jack to correct areas. When moving finished goods, ensure all labels and tags are visible and secure for accurate processing by Shipping and Quality Inspectors.
• According to the production schedule, pickup and deliver product and supplies for operations as required.
• Stay aware of and follow customer specific work instructions regarding packing.
• Keep assigned work area clean, neat, organized, and free from safety hazards.
• Must have the necessary skills to perform reading, writing, and mathematics in English as required.
• Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs frequently.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs waist high occasionally.
• Ability to bend and stoop frequently.
• Ability to reach over head with 10-20 lbs regularly.
• Ability to grasp or twist using hands and wrists regularly.
• Ability to perform tasks that require depth perception and eye/hand coordination.
Today, Amcor deploys its global packaging expertise and knowledge of customer packing and supply chains to produce packaging that is more functional, appealing, and cost effective for customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Amcor continues to focus on value - creating acquisitions that expand our presence in emerging markets, improve the industry structure (primarily in developed markets), and add new technologies so that we can capture further value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.